Thursday 19 September 2019

It's Back :)

If there is one time a year that I get the hooks and yarn out without fail it is during the ITTY BITTY GIANT HAT DRIVE.

I just love the community feel of everyone making oodles and oodles of hats for a great cause.
At the same time I also wish that these hats would sit on a shelf and never get used as each one becomes part of a bereavement pack, each one represents a little precious life lost way too soon.

<3 To be able to give someone a little tiny gift at their time of need is an amazing gesture especially when you have no idea who that person will be.

Each year since the hat drive has started I have made little hats and do so knowing that they go to someone who needs it.

This year I've also designed a couple of patterns for the hat drive and they have been released on Myshelle's blog over at Mamma That Makes Thank you Myshelle for adding them in.

Designing one or two hats and seeing others using that pattern to make more hats is also a great feeling.  It may take me 15 mins - an hour depending on the pattern to make one hat, but designing a pattern means more people can be making that hat too!

I may just design a few more and post them here.  Watch this space <3

Thank you to everyone who has been following my blog and sorry that I haven't been updating it as often as I should.

.... as they say

It's back ... and so am I

Lisa

Now, where's that hook????

No comments:

Post a Comment